Historic Redwood Creek
Redwood Creek has always been the heart of Redwood City, carrying runoff from the redwood forests to the bay. For decades the port was a turning basin near where city hall now stands. The city grew up around it.
But we have not always been protective of this treasure. The city paved over the downtown section of the creek in the 1920’s, and most people don’t even know it’s there.
The creek is still our connection to the Bay, but it’s threatened by trash, and pollutants carried down the creek from storm drains or dumped in the creek.